Did you know that you can use a vegan makeup primer as more than just a base for your foundation? Although our skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum does work wonders in creating a flawless base, it can be used in a few other, creative ways to amplify your beauty routine. Below are some ways you can use our primer throughout your face:
1. Use it as a simple primer. The most obvious way to use our skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum is as a base for any foundation or concealer. Thanks to the water-based formula using serum-strength actives, this primer perfectly sets the foundation for any makeup applied afterward—it primes, hydrates, brightens, soothes, and most importantly, it blurs pores and fine lines for a seamless application. This gel-like serum is supercharged with hyaluronic acid and white water lily extract and can be applied directly onto the skin, or you can mix it in with any liquid or stick foundation to help lighten up the coverage and instantly infuse them with a weightless finish (more on that later).
2. Mix it with concealer to create a soft tint. Whether you opt for using our best-selling Complexion Fix Concealer or want to soften your full-coverage concealer, mixing the skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum with a concealer is a great way to lighten the coverage if you prefer a lighter makeup look. All you need to do is pump a small amount of the Sunset Light Primer Serum onto the back of your hand, then add a small amount of the Complexion Fix Concealer or another concealer to the back of your hand. Mix the two together and then use your finger or our Dual Ended Concealer and Foundation Brush to apply the lightened concealer where desired.
Say you have a very full-coverage concealer at home that’s the absolute perfect shade for you, but you really wish it had a lighter amount of coverage. The Sunset Light Primer Serum is perfect for these situations, where you’re wanting to lighten up a formula without compromising elsewhere.
The Complexion Fix Concealer is truly a desert island must-have that quickly erases redness, blemishes, eye fatigue, and dark spots instantly, achieving that lightly-veiled look while leaving good skin untouched. The beauty of Veil Cosmetics’ Complexion Fix Concealer is that it can work in so many different ways. Firstly, you can use the product as a concealer to naturally “veil” imperfections to create a smooth, even canvas. Also, you don’t need to set this product with a powder, since it’s already self-setting. Secondly, you can use this concealer as a corrector for darker pigmentation, such as dark circles or sunspots—just make sure you choose a shade that’s deeper than your skin tone to help neutralize. Finally, use the Complexion Fix Concealer as a shimmer-free, water-based highlighter. You want to use a full shade that’s lighter than your skin tone to help make your highlight blend seamlessly.
3. Mix it with foundation to create a BB cream. A great way to lighten up any foundation to create a BB cream is to mix it with our Sunset Light Primer Serum. Although our Sunset Skin Liquid Foundation already has sheer to medium coverage, if you’re looking for an even lighter layer of color (great for hot days when you don’t want to be wearing too-heavy makeup), mix our primer with our foundation (or another foundation of your choice) for a flawless, lightweight finish.
The Sunset Light Primer Serum is super useful in turning heavier formulations that are oil or wax-based into pure HD magic. Plus, when you mix our primer with your own foundation, it helps to self-set the product, so you won’t need to apply any powder to set it afterward—it will lose its sticky feel and become more transfer-resistant (and who doesn’t want that on a hot summer day?).
The Sunset Skin Liquid Foundation is a beautifully airy, skincare-infused whipped formula that comes in 15 shades and reveals skin as if it’s been drenched in the sunset light. The water-based texture literally melts right into your complexion, without feeling heavy, cakey, or mask-like. The texture has been specially engineered to create an effortless blended and soft-focus finish, helping skin to appear smoother while reducing the look of pores and fine lines. Not only does it look great, but it’s good for your skin, too—it’s dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and non-irritating, too. It’s a great base for special occasions or times when you’d like a bit more coverage than just using the Complexion Fix Concealer.
4. Mix it with powder eye shadows. If you’ve ever wished your favorite powder eye shadow came in a cream formulation, look no further than our Sunset Light Primer Serum. Our primer is a great way to create easy-to-blend creamy eye shadow pigments—all you have to do is pump a very small amount of primer onto the back of your hand, then use a brush to sweep through the powder eyeshadow of your choice. Dab the brush into the primer and you’ll create a cream-based eyeshadow that lasts all day.
5. Mix it with lip and cheek colors. We can bet you’ve probably never tried mixing your primer with any lip or cheek colors! The skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum is perfect for lightening up any lipsticks or cheek colors when you’re looking for a more sheer wash of color. The shades in our Velvet Lip & Cheek Palette can be worn alone, or they can be lightly mixed with our primer to create a juicy, natural-looking complexion or as a contour for all over the face. Use your fingers to apply the mixed products, or opt for our Dual Ended Lip and Cheek Brush for easier application.
Our Lip & Cheek Palette utilizes Veil Cosmetics’ groundbreaking matte gel formula for a dewy, colorful addition to your makeup look. The Velvet lip and cheek stains are non-sticky, non-drying, non-feathering, and contain silky, skin-conditioning emollients that are long-wearing. This palette offers the perfect hint of natural color, and with a total of six universal shades, there is something available for everyone. You can also customize the palette by mixing any of the shades (including guava, fig, apricot, raspberry, berry, and almond) together, along with our Sunset Light Primer Serum, for a shade that’s right for you.
6. Mix it with your favorite powder foundation. If you have a powder foundation that you truly can’t part with, consider mixing it with a primer (loose powder foundations work great for this) to create a sheer base of color for your easy makeup look. Just add a pump of our skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum to the back of your hand, dab your powder foundation on top of it, mix them together, and apply with a foundation brush or sponge.
Our skincare infused Sunset Light Primer Serum does more than just act as a base for the products you layer on top—it’s an incredibly multi-tasking, dynamic product that can be used in countless ways to soften your makeup and level up your natural complexion.